- Are you an EXPERT OPTICIAN with a PASSION for SALES?
- Do you MEASURE UP when it comes to MAXIMIZING Vision?
- Is your EYE for lens quality & eyewear style “ON POINT?”
- We want YOU to join Montréal’s PREMIER Eye Care and Eyewear Destination…
Do you love people and making them happy? Do you yearn to share and grow your passion for the optical world? Is your dream to work alongside the very best in the optical industry at the city’s most stunning, high-end optical boutique showroom? Do you love state-of-the-art testing technology? Does your passion for premium quality lenses and showstopping designer frames match ours?
If you’re nodding your head, we want YOU to join our winning team and thrive in a challenging, fast-paced but FUN workplace centrally located in Rockland Centre—Montréal’s leading fashion destination.
We are HARINA Optométristes, a full-service, state-of-the-art Optical Centre and Boutique Showroom. We are a FAMILY consisting of the city’s leading eye care and eyewear professionals (expert optometrists, opticians and sales associates/eyewear stylists).
We are Patient-centered. Employee-focused. We are the WHOLE PACKAGE in personalized eye care using innovative AI technology. We are premium lenses. And we are most certainly showstopping designer eyewear from all over the world. Interested? Read on…
The Licensed Optician’s role is to provide customers with the ultimate custom-tailored prescription lens and frame pairing geared to their lifestyle. They are also required to attract new customers and retain existing clientele by developing and maintaining solid, personalized relationships. The Licensed Optician will uphold the HARINA guarantee of providing exceptional patient care while respecting the company sales behaviour model and goals. Their primary responsibility is to drive clinic and showroom sales with expert optical skills, clever merchandising and unparalleled customer service.
Be the BRAND of HARINA Optométristes by professionally greeting and warmly welcoming customers to the HARINA FAMILY
- Be the BRAND of HARINA Optométristes and warmly welcome customers to the HARINA FAMILY
- Be a Master of Sales & Service by providing a new level of customer interaction, satisfaction and superior service that exceeds all expectations
- Possess a powerful retail skill set to drive optical centre and showroom sales while maximizing profits
- Assume accountability for sales results and offer creative solutions to better grow the brand
- Act as the integral liaison between doctors and sales associates to build results-oriented relationships
- Effectively share your knowledge by training new associates to help them better understand the business from the ground up with an emphasis on lens and frame selection
One of the Optician’s Primary Functions is to perfectly fit/adapt the lenses and frames for maximum wearing comfort.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Able to review and analyse clients’ lifestyles to determine the best choices for their vision needs
- Adept at accurately evaluating optical prescriptions that complement the individual’s lifestyle and visual requirements to make informed eyewear suggestions
- Confident in troubleshooting any vision issue to find the best solution and ensure customer satisfaction
- A pro in assisting customers in their selection using a complete knowledge of the wide variety of lens options and specialty coatings available
- Adept at using the appropriate tools for optical measurements
- Able to conduct in-depth and accurate measurements of nose bridge, eye size, pupillary distance, optical centers, etc. for a perfect fit and more comfortable wear
- Able to assist customers in perfect lens selections
- Superior knowledge of frame inventory to best complement their lenses and express their individual style
Mastering the Skills that Set You Apart.
- Prioritize duties, manage time efficiently and multi-task to get the job done in the timeliest manner possible
- Match clients with the right top-of-the-line lenses and the perfect frame choice for their individual style
- Expertly custom fit glasses & precisely place prescription in lenses
- Computer-literate: Able to operate Sales Associate tablet and terminal, collect payments and execute accurate paperwork
Qualities We Admire and Seek
- You consider eyewear to be your most important fashion accessory and you excel at finding customers their perfect eyewear look
- You take pride in yourself: you maintain the company dress code and wear your name tag proudly
- You are punctual; you adhere to work attendance requirements
- You respect and adhere to company policies & procedures.
- You take pride in your workplace. You keep a neat, clean and organized clinic, showroom, cash area, and maintain your tablet
- You secure all the company property under your control
- You are driven and live by the mantra that “Anything is Possible” and for your clients, it is!
- You are autonomous when required; you are a self-motivated individual
- You are constantly striving to improve yourself and learn new things
- You are BILINGUAL, possess a Secondary V diploma (or equivalent) and at least 1 year of retail sales experience
MARKETING AND STORE DISPLAY:
Visual Strategy & Brand Presentation.
- Assist with ensuring the boutique showroom is always neat, pristine and merchandised to better showcase our enormous variety of premium products
- Able to effectively and beautifully present products according to HARINA Optométristes’ high standards using your attention to detail and a Planogram (if required).
- Ensure quality control with correct pricing, POS entry, and realistic delivery time quotes
- Promote word-of-mouth referrals and client loyalty through consistently exceptional customer service
- Be aware of all implemented marketing promotions, initiatives and POP signage
BASIC (REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS:
Essential Criteria for the Optician Role.
- Licensed Optician and Member of the “Ordre des opticiens d'ordonnances du Québec”
- Experience and proven track record in retail sales, 3+ years of experience preferred
- Computer literate
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, HARINA Optométristes will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the HARINA Optométristes Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-877-427-4621 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $58,240-$72,800 per year
Investing in Your Well-Being and Future
- Paid days off
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Group Insurance (Single or Family)
- Dental/Vision/Health Insurance
Embracing Flexibility for Your Work-Life Balance
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person